Wednesday, October 22, 2008

my usual four-day weekend has begun

i had a field trip last sunday (not this past one, the one before) with my intro to peace studies class. we went to tucson for a peacekeeper training workshop, in preperation for a demonstration in a weekend in November (15th?) that is happening at fort huachuca (wa-choo-ka). over 500 people rallied against the establishment last year, and there were about 50 counterdemonstrators, too. it would be our roles as peacekeepers to make sure that hostilities between the groups don't get out of control and remind the oath the demonstrators took to do this nonviolently (and then on breaks we could take our stance). so we drove a total of eight ours to tucson and back in one day for this workshop. it was cool, too, because our group of like 12 almost doubled the group of people (older folks as well as youngins). ANYWAY it was a great day and i am (was) REALLLLY looking forward to going.

THE SAME WEEKEND I have a field trip to tucson with my FAVORITE class here, environmental politics. we're going to be going ot a feedlot (which i proposed to my professor we do--she loved the idea and said that i can find one on the way to tuscon and we'll stop... so we're going to) and then to a native seed organization and something else which sounded exciting to me.

so i'm forced to decide between these two INCREDIBLE opportunities. and i like the people in my peace studies class better, too. LAMEEEE./

lots of typing is due to my recent hang out with my friend maryjane...
the phillies won today. i hope they kick the shit out of tampa bay.

I MISS GREEN MOUNTAIN. i want to have gone to the welsh harvest fest because they all get so into it and jim caserino (sp?) in his little welsh-loving ways gets so excited over the event and the fact that he can showcase the choir's ability to sing in the language. rightfully so. i want to go to the farm. i've been here for officially over two months!! loving it, but missing the mountain.

stay kind

2 comments:

~Maki said...

Aww. I which are you going to go to? They both sound great! what a pickle.
and yes good old jim cassarino was really excited

little taco said...

i decided to go to the env. policy one, the one with the feedlot. but since they're both in tuscon, randall, my peace studies prof. said that maybe i could meet up with them (i think that my ep trip ends on saturday and peace studies ends on sunday) so that might work out.

Weeeee !